Thursday, August 07, 2003

Wednesday was a good day, we figured out how to do several little networking issues we had been putting off, and I believe Brian got the secondary fiber link going, so we should now have two different fiber routes to the new site. Redundancy is a good thing.

On the down side, the database was acting up early yesterday morning, and the only onsite person that really knew it is on vacation. But between Brian and I and the database tech in Texas, we got it politely disconnected and restarted, and everything seems to be working fine now. Seems that the particular database we use has some 'issues' with memory leakage... 2.5 gb of memory is a heckuva 'leak'.